Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wet, wet, wet

I arrived in Lucknow about 2 am yesterday and caught a 'tuk tuk' straight to the railway station. But of course I was told 'first class tickets are not sold between the hours of 9 pm and 6 am', no reason, just the way it is. I had a quick look at the train waiting on the platform and decided I couldn't take a six hour night time journey in 'cattle class' so I found a cheap hotel near the station and pressed on to Varanassi the next morning in the comparative comfort of a 3 tier sleeper.

I thought the monsoon was supposed to be over? I spent today wandering around the gats and back streets backstreets of Varanasi in the pouring rain. Let's hope tomorrow is a bit brighter.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun, if you like being tired and wet. Can't wait to see some stunning photos. Happy travelling. Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete